Maser Consulting P.A. seeks a highly motivated individual to join our Geotechnical group in our Mays Landing, NJ office. As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. You will also work in a team of dedicated Project Managers, Principals and other Engineers. If you have a solid understanding of civil engineering principles with a geotechnical focus, and a desire to work on multi-disciplinary projects, apply today!
• Participate or lead field assignments including observation of geotechnical explorations.
• Participate in construction observation and material testing.
• Performing geotechnical analyses including bearing capacity evaluations, stability evaluations, and seepage analyses.
• Writing of field reports and engineering reports.
• Prepare technical specifications, design drawings, and construction submittals for compliance with contract requirements and design assumptions.
• Laboratory work will entail following standards in performing soil testing that will include but is not limited to sieve analysis, moisture contents, Atterberg Limits, pH and permeability testing.
• Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients and team members.
• Work Environment may require regular exposure to ALL outside weather conditions, moderate to loud noise conditions, exposure to heights. Lifting weights of up to 75 lbs. for field density testing.
• Some weekend and overtime work may be required; some limited overnight and interstate travel may be required with this position.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is required with Civil Engineering being preferred.
• 0-2+ years’ experience.
• EIT certification or ability to obtain is required.
• Experience or academic training with geotechnical software such as AutoCAD, SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, SETTLE3D, L-Pile, is preferred.
• Soils laboratory experience is a plus.
• Following certifications a plus: Nuclear Density Gauge Operator; American Concrete Institute (ACI) Level I Inspector; and/or Related certifications from ICC.
• Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to/from project sites and a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
• Drug testing may be required.
Maser Consulting maintains a culture that is nurtured through the promotion of integrity, collaboration and socialization. Our employees enjoy comfortable work environments, continuous career advancement and the ability to impact society not only through the projects they work on, but the Company sponsored activities available to them. Maser Consulting stays on the cutting edge of technology and our opportunistic approach to expansion creates personal and professional growth opportunities across all areas of the firm. Our dedication to the well-being of our employees and their families is demonstrated throughout the wide range of benefits and programs available to them. Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals so that we can help you Design Your Future and Build Your Career!