The Survey/Geospatial Division of Maser Consulting is expanding again! If you are interested in working with the most advanced technologies, using the latest equipment available in the market and provided a full suite of company benefits, then Maser Consulting wants you! We have been awarded “one of the best places to work” for 10 consecutive years, come join us!
• Assist the Party Chief and/or Instrument Man as instructed.
• Never leave the equipment unattended.
• Loads all needed equipment into the vehicles before heading out to the various properties that the crew will survey during the day. Unloads the specified equipment into the crew designated area to allow for daily inventory of the crew equipment.
• Help maintain all equipment in good working order and to notify the appropriate staff member(s) when equipment needs repair or replacement.
• Clear any brush or trees away from the survey line.
• Measures how far different points are from each other, using a tape or electronic equipment.
• Helps with the various pieces of survey equipment
• Search for section corners, property irons, and survey points.
• Holding the prism pole steady for the surveyor to help determine elevations of different points. Using a level, the rodman will place the rod vertically in place - or plumb it - to ensure a correct starting point for the next measurement.
• Lay out stakes to prepare for horizontal and vertical survey measurements.
• Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
• Attendance, punctuality, organization, reliability, and eagerness to learn are essential requirements.
• Must be able to work in inclement weather.
• A valid driver's license and clean driving record required. MVR will be checked and monitored.
Requires a pre-employment drug screen and will require ongoing participation in the employer's random drug and alcohol testing program.