Maser Consulting seeks a well-rounded, highly motivated structural engineer with 5+ years of experience to join our group as an Assistant Project Manager. Our bridge group is growing and we are in need of a forward -thinking engineer, eager to learn and grow with the company. The work is very hands-on and diverse and covers the full range of bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects such as steel/concrete continuous span, long-span truss, or horizontally curved steel girder bridges. Associated designs may also include retaining walls, fender systems, and other earth-retaining structures.
Applicants will work out of either the Red Bank, NJ office or Hamilton, NJ office 5 days per week.
Qualified candidates will have design experience of miscellaneous bridge structures, good client communication skills, and be capable of successfully managing projects. Knowledge of the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and familiarity with FEM software is a must.
• 5+ years of experience in diverse bridge design/engineering.
• EIT or PE License in New Jersey or New York.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
• Experience with steel and concrete bridge design, and familiarity with applicable codes (AASHTO, ASCE 7, ACI, AISC, etc.).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary in order to effectively communicate with clients and employees.
• Proficiency in various structural design software such as STAAD and Enercalc or similar
• Proficiency in autocad and/or microstation
• Experience with NJDOT projects a plus.
• Knowledge of NJDOT standards and the NJDOT Design Manual for Bridges and Structures and plus.