Maser Consulting is seeking a field crew member to join their Tampa Survey Team. This is an intermediate level position, predominantly working in the field on survey and construction related projects, training in Maser specific equipment and procedures will be provided. The work will require occasional travel. Interested parties are encouraged to submit application and current resume.
• Will work primarily in the field as Jr. Crew Chief / Instrument Man on a one, two or three-person field crew.
• Cut and remove brush and undergrowth for line of sight.
• Reads and understands plans and specifications.
• Know basic sources of measurement errors.
• Dig ground using a pick, shovel and other hand tools to search for and locate survey monuments.
• Hold and plum rod in obtaining elevations and distances.
• Drive stakes to set grades on construction projects.
• Provide quality seamless customer service.
• Know, understand and demonstrate safe working/operating methods of assigned tools and equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• FDOT, EFB Experience is a plus.
• Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
• Attendance, punctuality, organization, reliability, and eagerness to learn are essential requirements.
• Must be able to work in inclement weather.
• A valid driver's license and clean driving record required. MVR will be checked and monitored.
Requires a pre-employment drug screen and will require ongoing participation in the employer's random drug and alcohol testing program.