- Work primarily on active construction sites to perform observation, documentation, and material testing of earthwork, asphalt, foundations, reinforced concrete, masonry, and/or structural steel.
- Prepare daily field reports, including summaries of test results, field sketches, and photographs using software such as Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Daily communication with site contractors, project managers, and other technicians.
- Work Environment: Regular exposure to ALL outside weather conditions, moderate to loud noise conditions, exposure to heights.
- Some weekend, evening, and overtime work required; overnight travel may be required with this position.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or AA/AS degree
- 0 to 2 years' relevant experience
- Preferred: Nuclear gauge certification (or ability to obtain)
- Preferred: ACI Grade I certification (or ability to obtain)
- Preferred: NECEPT certifications (or ability to obtain)
- Basic math skills, strong oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to read drawings, follow directions, and interpret engineering and construction plans
- Ability to work outside as noted, walk on uneven ground, and carry up to 75-pound equipment
- Valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Drug testing may be required