- Review of land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
- Municipal Engineering, including design of capital improvement projects, grant work, planning & zoning application reviews.
- Site Investigation & Due Diligence includes the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Preparation of construction plans and specifications, public bid documents, construction cost estimates, and associated construction documents.
- Ability to evaluate public work issues in municipalities.
- Knowledge of stormwater management design and regulations including County, SCD and governing municipalities in NJ.
- Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes.
- Design of Utility Systems including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, park & recreation, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
- Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
- Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5-10 years of municipal engineering/capital project design.
- PE preferred or EIT on path to a PE
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D Preferred.
- Experience managing and supervising the work efforts of assigned staff regarding scope, schedule, quality and budget of projects.
- Ability to track and oversee multiple projects.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Self-Starter who can work independently with team members.