- Work primarily on active construction sites to perform observation, documentation, and material testing of earthwork, asphalt, foundations, reinforced concrete, masonry, and/or structural steel.
- Prepare daily field reports, including summaries of test results, field sketches, and photographs using software such as Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Daily communication with site contractors, project managers, and other technicians.
- Work Environment: Regular exposure to ALL outside weather conditions, moderate to loud noise conditions, exposure to heights.
- Some weekend, evening, and overtime work required; overnight travel may be required with this position.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or AA/AS degree with 2 to 5 years' relevant experience OR BSCE graduates with 0 to 2 years’ experience.
- Vertical construction experience is preferred.
- ICC certifications, as well as NJDCA and/or Philadelphia L&I-approved Special Inspector (SI) status (or ability to obtain immediately) are preferred.
- Basic math skills, strong oral and written communication skills (English).
- Ability to read drawings, follow directions, and interpret engineering and construction plans.
- Ability to work outside as noted, walk on uneven ground, and carry up to 75-pound equipment.
- Valid Driver's License with a clean driving record.
- Drug testing may be required.