- To perform quality control construction observations for various highway roadway and bridge construction, general site work, maintenance and protection of traffic, drainage, earthwork, paving, concrete work, reinforcement steel placement, utility relocation work, coordination, and safety.
- Able to read contract documents and construction plans.
- Responsible for field construction observation monitoring/tracking of construction sequencing, cost, scheduling and performance decisions.
- Assure that proper document control, quality assurance documentation and construction project records are kept.
- Assure quality and uniformity in the records of various contracts in the overall program.
- Minimum 5 years related experience, including roadway (earthwork, sub base, concrete and asphalt pavement, drainage, lighting, guiderail and striping for rehabilitation / new) inspection and maintenance and protection of traffic for day and nighttime operations.
- Bridge construction (rehabilitation & new) a plus
- Valid Driver’s license
- NICET Certification preferred
- NACE certified inspector
- Strong PC Skills, in Microsoft Office
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of NJDOT road specifications