- Work primarily on active construction sites involved with field observation, testing, sampling and inspection of soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt and structural steel placement.
- Daily communication is required with site contractors, other technicians and project managers, including writing Daily Field Reports.
- Work Environment: Regular exposure to ALL outside weather conditions, moderate to loud noise conditions, exposure to heights, carrying equipment and samples up to about 50 pounds.
- Some weekend and overtime work required; overnight travel may be required with this position.
- Maintain ICC certifications and special inspections qualifications via ongoing training, etc.
- Pre-qualified special inspector with Philadelphia L&I, with related ICC certifications (typically in reinforced concrete, soils/foundations, structural steel bolting, and/or SFRM).